Lunch (Free time)
Self evaluation test
Establishment of the Croatian Society for Medical Robotics and Artificial Intelligence in Medicine
Vance Bergeron, ENS, Lyon, France:
„How FES has Stimulated my Life”
Dejan Popović, Emeritus Professor, Aalborg University, Denmark and Serbian Academy of Science:
“External Control of Human Extremities I-X”
1. Popović-Maneski, L.
“MotiMove: multi-purpose transcutaneous functional electrical stimulator”
2. Fajardo, J., Gonzales, A., Lara, K., Fujiwara, E., and Rohmer E.
“Muscle fatigue estimation based on optical-fiber FMG sensors for FES rehabilitation systems”
3. Kraguljac, D., Aleksić, A., Rade, M.
"Validation of the pendulum test in the assessment of muscle tone in persons with cerebral palsy"
4. Aleksić, A., Kraguljac, D.
“A visual, intuitive quantified measure of spasticity”
5. Krstanoski, B., Kovačič T. i Horvat, T.
"Short-term effectiveness of the Tipstim glove on sensory perception in stroke patients"
1. Rogić Vidaković, M., Ćurković Katić A., Jerković, A., Šoda, J., Košta, V., Režić Mužinić, N., Mastelić, A., Benzon, B., Poljičanin, A., Buljan, I., Matijaca, M., Markotić,A., Mihalj, M., Dolić, K., Rotim, K., Đogaš, Z.,
”Neurophysiological impairment in multiple sclerosis patient confirmed by transcranial magnetic stimulation of the central nervous system but not with electrical stimulation of the peripheral nervous system”
2. Rade, M., Rissanen, S., Shacklock M., Kankaanpää M., Airaksinen, O.
"Muscles in function of neural protection; quantitative parameters of muscular activation in response to opposite sequences of radial nerve tension test performed to maximum tolerable pain“
3. Kajganić, P., Anil Aksöz, E., Popović Maneski, L., Metani, A., Bergeron, V.
"Stimulation of paralyzed quadriceps muscles with variable-frequency trains during motor-assisted functional electrical stimulation cycling"
4. Alhawwash A., Muzquiz M.I., Richardson L., Vetter C., Smolik M., Goodwill A., Yoshida K.
"In-Vivo Peripheral Nerves Activation Using Sinusoidal Low Frequency Alternating Currents”
5. Lazorchak N.
"Accurate Simulation of Cuff Electrode Stimulation Predicting In-Vivo Strength-Duration Thresholds”
1. Vladimira Vuletić
“Effect of Deep brain stimulation on non-motor symptoms in neurodegenerative diseases”
2. Ivan Radoš
“Spinal cord stimulation, the last option in pain treatment for Failed Back Surgery Syndrome”
Miloš R. Popović, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
“Use of Functional Electrical Stimulation Therapy to Treat Major Depressive Disorder”
“Deep brain stimulation in neurological diseases”
Dejan Popović, Emeritus Professor, Aalborg University, Denmark and Serbian Academy of Science
Winfried Mayr, Professor, Center for Medical Physics and Biomedical Engineering, University of Vienna, Austria
„History of IFESS: It all started in 1963 in Opatija“
1. Svenson, P., Anfolk, C., Bjorkan, A., Malešević, N.
“Electrotactile feedback for the discrimination of difference surface textures: Pilot study”
2. Jure, F. A., Spaich, E.G., Dosen, S.
“Electrotactile Stimulation at the Lateral Torso to Convey Messages using Spatial Patterns”
3. Pasluosta C., Fuchs, K., Krauskopf, T., Klein, L., Mueller, M., Herget, G., Stutzig von Tscharner, V., Stieglitz T.
”Artificial sensory feedback in lower limb amputees: understanding the neuromechanical adaptations after the amputation”
4. Botzheim, L., Ernyey, D.M., Mravcsik, M., Varaljai, L., Klauber, A., Cserhati, P. and Laczko, J.
“Changes in active cycling time and distance during FES assisted cycling before and after the pandemic closure – a case study”
1. Mercado-Gutierrez, J.A., Martínez-Luna, M., Carvajal-Gámez, R., Trigueros, J.L., A. Contreras-Martínez, Jimena Quinzaños-Fresnedo, Perez-Orive, J., Gutierrez-Martínez, J.
"Effects of Visual Stimulation Parameters on Evoked Potentials from a BCI for Upper-Limb Movements Commands Selection"
2. Ignagni,A.R., Diop, M, Onders, R.P:
“Reduction of muscle ventilation time using diaphragm to decrease the burden on ICU resources during COVID pandemic”
3. Bonačić Bartolin P., Popović D.B., Hudetz, D.
“Application of FEM analysis in advanced orthopedic knee joint solutions”
4. Nandakumar, V., Swain, I., Taylor, P., Budka, M., Merson A.
“Machine learning controlled adaptive functional electrical stimulation to assist walking”
5. Sobonova, E., Rohde, M., Bochkoltz, L.
“Case report: Exoskeleton personal user with spinal cord injury and above knee amputation. A first in Europe”
Milan R. Dimitrijević, Emeritus Professor, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, Texas USA, Foundation for Movement Recovery, Oslo, Norway:
“Human Spinal Cord Network and “Spinal Brain”
Alojz Kralj, University of Ljubljana, Faculty of Electrical Engineering and Slovenian Academy of Sciences and Arts:
“Multichannel Functional Electrical Stimulation for Gait Rehabilitation”
Tadej Bajd, Faculty of Electrical Engineering, University of Ljubljana and Slovenian Academy of Sciences and Arts,
"Analysis And Synthesis Of Standing-Up Movements”
Winfried Mayr, Center for Medical Physics and Biomedical Engineering, University of Vienna, Austria
“Stimulation of denervated muscles”
Roberto Merletti, Professor of Biomedical Engineering at the Dept. of Electronics, Politecnico di Torino, Italy (retired Nov 2015). Former Director of the Lab. for Engineering of the Neuromuscular System (LISiN), Politecnico di Torino, Italy (retired Nov 2015):
“Functional Electrical Stimulation: The Need For Education”
The Executive Board of IFESS instituted the Vodovnik Student Paper Competition in honor of the late Dr. Lojze Vodovnik
consisting of three prizes to be awarded to the best three papers submitted and presented at IFESS conferences by students